Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Fleece Experiment

Yesterday, I went to JoAnn Fabrics and bought enough fleece to make a few blankets. I have been wanting to try an experiment.

When making fleece blankets, we typically cut a square out of each corner before we cut the fringe into the blanket. I don't like to waste fabric, so I have saved a batch of those fleece corner squares (friends like Cami have also saved and donated them), and I have been thinking of ways to use them.
Tie-dyed fleece with corner squares from other fleece blankets
Today, I sewed some of them onto blue tie-dyed fleece, using a zigzag stitch around all four sides of the squares. I chose colors that would coordinate with the blue, and give it a little bit more "pizzazz." I made two of them, using different-colored squares for each.
What do you think of the finished product? 
Have you ever used your leftover fleece in this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment